cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move to Jira (Was: Re: Jira or Bugzilla...)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:08:46 GMT
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 11:11:12PM +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 13 oct. 05, à 22:53, Joerg Heinicke a écrit :
> > ...You introduce another problem with this process: Current owners got
> > sent a bugzilla mail about closure of their bug. If they want to
> > reopen it later they don't know where to do it...
> There must be a way to find issues in jira later based on a bugzilla
> issue number - there are many links to bugzilla issues floating around,
> losing them would be a problem.
> Does anyone know if there is a way to keep issue numbers during
> migration, so that for example
> would then be found at
> ?

It's not possible to directly keep IDs, but it's fairly easy to find Jira
issues by their old Bugzilla ID.  On the Jira front page, there is a
'Search by Bugzilla ID' box:

Eg. searching for bug 8017 gets you to the imported Jira issue,

Imported issues also have a backlink to the Bugzilla bug they came from.

> says nothing about that.

The latest version of that page has more info:

> > ...If we do the move to Jira we should postpone the closure of the
> > bugs, so that the reporters get at least correct mails which are not
> > invalid after 2 weeks...
> This would be an option, but anyway we have to think about this mapping
> of issue numbers.
> -Bertrand

View raw message