cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a forrestbot for Cocoon (Was: Aess to Cocoon Zone)
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:39:12 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>Now that I am a Cocoon committer, can someone with the necessary karma
> >>please create an account for me on the Cocoon Zone. I would like to set
> >>up the ForrestBot to publish a staged site from Daisy every X hours.
> >
> >I know that enthousiasm is bubbling Ross, but
> >please lets co-ordinate this.
> >
> >Do you understand what it takes to establish and
> >configure a forrestbot?
>
> Yes (I think, not done it in a zone though)
>
> >Why do you want to have one
> >on the Cocoon zone? The danger with doing that is
> >that we will spread our meagre resources way too thin,
> >i.e. you and me.
>
> That makes lots of sense.
>
> >We already run various forrestbots on the Forrest zone.
> >See the notes referred to at:
> >http://forrest.zones.apache.org/
> >
> >One is still regularly generating the Cocoon docs.
> >http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22NewDocumentsGeneration
>
> I did not realise there was one generating the Cocoon docs, there is no
> indication of that on the Forrest zone homee page, the readme.txt in the
> zone, or in the wiki page you link to above. Where is this forrestbot?

It is an old one that i copied across from brutus
when it was suddenly repurposed. It is in my home
directory and discussed on cocoon-dev.
It is a relic from the penultimate effort at
Cocoon docs. Thanks for trying, Reinhard.

Anyway, if we do this i want to dump this old
forrestbot and utilise the new forrest.zones ones.

> >If the Cocoon project wants us to regularly generate
> >the newest doc effort (remembering that docs are not
> >actually published to cocoon.apache.org yet) then lets
> >build on Forrest's existing resources.
>
> +1 - At present I'm hearing noises about moving away from Forrest. So
> I'm holding back until a clear decision is made.

That is why i expressed that paragraph as "if C wants".

I hope that everyone is clear that we have no
ego atachment to needing Forrest to publish
the Cocoon docs.

-David