cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN Address
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:43:17 GMT
On Saturday 08 October 2005 16:01, Geert Josten wrote:
> I want to add one remark though: following the procedure will consume at
> least 230Mb in size, but on my 20Gb Fat32 partition it occupied something
> near 840Mb of space! Any hints to slim this down, in advance preferably?

Welcome to the hidden beauty of Svn.
Svn has a fairly high overhead "per directory", which means Java projects can
explode fairly massively. AFAIK, there is nothing you can do about that. This
is probably the 230MB you are talking about, the 840MB is rectified with a
more modern filesystem. If you are stuck on Windows, NTFS is the only real
choice I guess.

Cheers
Niclas