cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re-reading Jar files...
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:17:18 GMT

We normally don't deal with Jar/zip files, but a case have come up where we
need to read XML inside zip files, which are modified at times.

The developer added a
using the standard filegenerator. Works... but doesn't reload.

If a jar:file:///...." URL is given, exceptions are thrown when the file is

Somehow I think the URLConnection is cached somewhere, which then dictates
that the Jar file can not be modified, but I am unable to figure out 'where'
or 'how'. I am not sure if it is the same as the

Anyone knows what is happening, and what we can do to overcome this?

View raw message