cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Fat Test
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 06:44:32 GMT
On Friday 07 October 2005 14:15, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>  so I think you're trying to put words into my mouth.

Maybe you hate him for that ;o)

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > But even when size is not an issue, having smaller webapps helps in
> > making users perceive what core functionality the cocoon framework gives
> > them and what is add-on.

Indeed. An easy-to-understand "fairly simple" system with 50 plug-ins looks
like a better deal to a newcomer than a big monolith, which is hard to grasp.

However, to me "fatness" in distribution is somewhat moot point nowadays. I
have had some concerns over the runtime RAM footprint, but have no conclusive
numbers, whether it is a leak problem, or just caching going nuts. Scheduled
server restarts doesn't sound like a good solution, but at the moment it is
the 'cheapest' thing to do.

Cheers
Niclas