cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: OSGi Bundles, Re: svn commit: r292305
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:47:34 GMT
On Saturday 01 October 2005 20:11, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> >I am not sure what you mean by "passing parameters into the block". I have
> > an eirie feeling you are refering to "management" concerns about setting
> > up the service from the outside, and not runtime concerns during the
> > service call.
> Yes we talk about block deploy time parameters. These should IMO be
> handled with a OSGi configuration service. But that might be something
> that we implement later.

Ok. Then a I agree with your conclusion.
And this area is for me very important for non-Cocoon reasons. If you have any
generic thoughts of how to for server apps, I am all ears. Have thought
myself to go via a http/html interface, but that seems so hacky and would
only do for a in-house solution.

View raw message