cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [2.1.8] ajax samples broken (was: svn commit: r326838...)
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 05:50:18 GMT
Le 20 oct. 05, à 08:28, sylvain@apache.org a écrit :

> Author: sylvain
> Date: Wed Oct 19 23:26:53 2005
> New Revision: 326838

> Log:
> - removed scriptaculous, which doesn't play nice with other JS
> libraries
> - renamed Constants to FormsConstants (too much Constants everywhere)
> - forbid '.' and '/' in widget names, as this conflicts with full
> names and lookup paths
> - fix Ajax forms that use the request method to select between call
> function and call continuation
> - remove styling type="output" which is buggy as it resets field
> values. Use widget state output instead...

Are the ajax samples supposed to work in 2.1.8 after this change, or do
you have to re-add stuff to make them work?

There's one problem in src/blocks/ajax/samples/sitemap.xmap, this
matcher:

      <map:match pattern="resources/*/**">
        <map:read
src="file://{realpath:}/../../src/blocks/{1}/trunk/java/org/apache/
cocoon/{1}/resources/{2}"/>
      </map:match>

hides that one, preventing resources from being served

      <!-- Generic pipeline to load resources in jars -->
      <map:match pattern="resources/*/**">

But even if If I comment the first one, cocoon-ajax.js is loaded
correctly but the ajax/linked-updater still fails with a javascript
error:  "Ajax is not defined", as it uses Ajax.Updater.

Before digging too deep: are the ajax block samples supposed to work as
is in 2.1.8-rc1?

-Bertrand