cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] docs now links back to daisy
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:53:37 GMT
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 10:50 +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:07 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>The Forrest generated docs are now linking back to the daisy page for
> >>that document. It doesn't link straight back to the edit page yet, this
> >>is because the error page when a user is not logged in was quite unhelpful.
> >

> > IMO it would be better to link back just to the Daisy page, not to open
> > the editor immediately.
>
> Why?

So that you can first see the latest content of the page, can look at
comments, whatever, and then make the decission to open the editor.

>  I'm concerned that (a) the Daisy content is seen for what it is:
> under development and (b) that the Daisy server in the zone doesn't get
> crawled by search engines and indexed. We _do not_ want that, as our
> development code would effectively become our live docs.

I thought we had a robot file in place which forbids that.

> I would, at this moment, prefer they go to a page which says "You can
> comment on this page, but to do so, you need first to create yourself an
> account. Click _here_ to login or _here_ to create your account."

Users can only add comments when logged in.

> I really do not want to see Daisy serving content to anyone who is not
> logged in. (but am happy to give away logins quite freely).

Any reason for that? I saw the earlier discussion on this, but don't
recall any better reason than "I don't like it". If it is to avoid
confusion, then I think it should be possible by putting appropriate
warnings in place.