cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [GT2005] Cocoon GetTogether 2005 is over... But wait! There's more!
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:05:57 GMT
On 10 Oct 2005, at 11:52, Arje Cahn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Many thanks to all speakers that have made the program friday so
> nice.. And of course, all the attendees that were there at the
> Hackathon days, the dinners and the presentation day.

> I had fun.

So did I...

<insert tone="paternalistic">
After organizing the GT for three years, at first it felt like giving
my baby away when I started polling the list if anyone else was willing
to volunteer to take over the drudgeries of sorting out the events'
logistics and administration. However, the GT had the momentum to start
travelling, and you're a bad father if you keep your kids at home for
reasons of sheer protectiveness.

So I was happy when Arjé volunteered, and honestly, every expectation I
had was easily surpassed by him and Sandra. Together, they were an ace
crew who did a tremendous job this year. So thanks - a lot - for
nursing the baby, and who knows where (or: if) it will travel next
year. I just hope to see it back one more time in Ghent again before it
finally grows up and decides to quit its father's place. ;)
</insert>

Now, the only downside of not organizing the GT is the fact one tends
to party harder - and the ensuing side effects of that. Let me grab
another cup of coffee... :)

Cheers,

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org