cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: extending I18nTransformer / Bundle / BundleFactory
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:27:39 GMT

On Sep 21, 2005, at 8:43 AM, Kiril Sramko (Triplemind.com) wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to cocoon-development, but have some experience on using. My
> boss gave me the
> order, to extend the i18n-transformer to support:
> - in runtime changing source-files for the message-xml-files
> - get the location of the message-xml-files out of a database

Hi Kiril — I'm not sure precisely what you mean by "in runtime" above.
If you mean what I think you mean, then it just so happens I find
myself today maybe needing the same thing :-)...

What I need is the ability to load an i18n catalogue file from the
pipeline, not from the configuration.

Is that what you mean?  Cocoon configuration is of course "at runtime",
but the feature I want would allow for setting up the transformer in a
way that is more dynamic:

	<transform type="i18n">
		<catalogue location="blah/blah/whatever"/>	<!-- "whatever" gets
interesting/useful if it is surrounded by '{}' :-) -->	</transform>

The component instance would of course cache up these catalogues using
the normal cache key validity mechanism instead of the all-or-nothing
<cache-at-startup> configuration parameter...

Comments from anyone?
—ml—