cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [CForms] Cardinality check for repeater
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:22:53 GMT

Jeroen Reijn wrote:

> I'm not sure why there should be a validation message when the amount of
> rows exceeds the maximum. If you reach the max attribute , you should
> not be able to add another row right? Then there is no need for a
> validation error. Or am I missing something?

And what if you bind to the repeater a collection that is too large?

Should we
- just cut off the excessive elements
- display all of them, and show a validation error so that the user
knows he should remove x entries to get the desired size
- display all of them, let the user submit and then show the validation
error

Jorg