cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving configurations to core
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:42:32 GMT

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> While all blocks have its component and sitemap component configurations
> as part of them selves (under WEB-INF/xconf and
> WEB-INF/sitemap-additions), the configurations for core instead is part
> of webapp. WDYT about giving core the same structure as all other blocks:
>
> core/
>  Manifest.mf
>  pom.xml
>  WEB-INF/
>  java/ (or maybe src/)

+1 , core is a block like all the others so why should it have a
different structure.

> and move the core sample part of webapp to core-sample. Then the webapp
> could be really minimal and directly reulsable for users.

+1

> From the real blocks POV it means that core would be a "component
> block", i.e. a block that exports components (including Core) and
> packages (especially APIs) but not sitemap functionality.

Shouldn't we make this distinction for all Blocks then, ie have
org.apache.cocoon.lucene.sample/ next to
org.apache.cocoon.lucene.lucene/ ? The former just being a non-osgi
sitemap block, the latter being the component Block that can be included
and referenced in m2. See also my reply to "[RT] Flattening trunk".

Regards
Jorg