cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans>
Subject Re: [m2 build] status update
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:39:04 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> One feature of m2 is transitive dependencies. Although this is a nice
> feature - in theory - there are some caveats with this: it only works
> 100% if all projects have correct poms! Unfortunately most don't today -
> if you find a project with a bad pom, please report it into the MEV
> module of m2s jira.

Initially I added poms for our dependencies at , but gave
up somewhere along the way. Indeed, running the m2 build returns many
faulty or missing poms, I'll see about reporting/adding them.

> With bad poms you end up with too many jars in your final application.
> Therefore I think we should add all blocks as dependencies to the webapp
> module and see which jars are there and then fix the poms one after the
> other. When all poms are correct, we can remove the dependencies again.
> I'll have a look into this over the weekend - if noone beats me in this.

good approach!

> Jorg, you turn off tests in your example below. Is this because most
> tests in the blocks are failing? If so, we should really try to fix the
> tests or remove them (as discussed recently).

There were some tests in core or webapp failing yes, making it
impossible to do a build. (is there a switch that says "continue even if
tests fail" ?)

Note that I did not add a <testSourceDirectory> to the blocks yet,
should be trivial however.

View raw message