cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject [m2 build] status update
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:42:02 GMT
Hi,

I have just finished putting all blocks under m2 pom control, which
means that we are able to compile the whole of trunk using m2 - yay!

If you would like to test this, update your local copies, install a
recent SVN version of m2 [1], then from $COCOON_HOME directory do

"m2 -Dmaven.skip.test=true install"

This will compile core, webapp + all blocks and place them in your local
repository. Instead of "install" you can also do "package", which
packages the jars without putting them in your local repo.

Ignore all the warnings for now, but please report any dependency errors
that may have slipped through.

Note that its possible that you'll get an OOM exception, I'm still
looking into this.

My next steps will be
- understand exactly what the RBGs (Real Block Guys) expect from maven
- get the webapp going
- see how m2 handles inclusion/exclusion of blocks

Thanks,
Jorg

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven2/developers/building.html