cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Shall we switch to Jira?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:18:30 GMT

Arje Cahn wrote:

> functionalities. How can I get Bugzilla to tell me what issues are
> scheduled to be fixed for the next release? Of course, this might not

you can't, but not because bugzilla doesn't support it (it does). We
never defined target milestones, therefore the "target milestone"
dropdown is empty [1]

I agree with Bertrand, switching to sexier tools *might* help us, the
main problem though is that we are not doing proper issue management at
the moment and are not even using the current "basic" tool to its
maximum potential. There is no guarantee that we will do so with Jira,
even if it makes things easier.

Finally : there are projects out there like Mozilla, Eclipse, Linux
Kernel, [2] that put bugzilla to good use for environments that are an
order of magnitude more complex than ours , so why aren't we?

Just my (not endorsed by bugzilla.org) 0.02€,
Jorg

[1] http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/query.cgi?format=advanced
[2] http://www.bugzilla.org/installation-list/