cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jing validation component (was: JING Transformer...)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:41:08 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 6 Sep 2005, at 10:14, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > It's in Subversion right now... 2.1.x branch, "validation" block.
>>
>> I tried it, it works nicely - thanks a lot!
>>
>> Unfortunately we need an isolated valdiation service (not a
>> transformer),
>> which I created using your code - mostly using copy & paste :(
>>
>> Would you be interested in decoupling the validation functionality
>> (incl. protocol-based entity resolving) from the transformation
>> functionality?
>

> So, a some sort of validation component that can be looked up using  the
> ServiceManager? Something along the lines of....
>
> public interface Validator() {
>
>   public static final String ROLE =
> "org.apache.cocoon.components.validation.Validator";
>
>   public XMLConsumer getValidator(String schemaURI);

What would be the role of the XMLConsumer?

The interface I used looked basically like this:

public interface Validator {

     String ROLE = Validator.class.getName();

     void validate(String xmlUri, String schemaUri, ErrorHandler handler);

}

But a SAX stream or something else as input would also be fine.

-- Andreas