cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Warped Text...
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:00:25 GMT

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>> Guys,
>>>      for one of our registration projects, we needed to verify that a
>>> user is really in front of the browser (no automatons allowed). I
>>> wrote, then, a little "text-warper" that randomly stretches text for
>>> a user to see (and re-type) and writes out JPEG files.

Amazingly enough, PWNtcha [0] does not seem to be able to decode your
rather simple text warping. It's intriguing to see how their routines
can solve captchas even humans have to concentrate on, yet is unable to
solve a simple text warp.

Jorg

[0] http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/
(i took the liberty of running your warps through their cgi)