cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Planning
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:22:30 GMT
Le 26 sept. 05, à 13:45, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :

> ...My rambling about releases sime time ago
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111675871100002&r=1&w=2 inspired
> Reinhard to stop using Bugzilla for planning
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111676672214067&w=2.
> So as I'm going to start using Bugzilla for planning it seemed
> appropriate to say something about my view of planning, and to discuss
> how to plan in an efficient way if anybody felt like it...

I'm all for handling more issues in bugzilla (or Jira? might be a good
time to switch if you're going to put lots of useful stuff there, after
a vote of course), but our history shows that planning usually does not
work.

So I'm +1 to accumulate information in the issue tracker - as you say,
if you've analyzed a problem or found a partial solution, having it all
on one page helps a lot.

But I don't think we should put big efforts into organizing the issues,
having well-specified issues that stand for themselves (with links
between them as appropriate, of course) seems good enough to me.

-Bertrand