cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1.8, when?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:48:31 GMT
Hi,

On 1 Sep 2005, at 09:06, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> But we can release sooner if required; I think the current state is
> very
> stable.

Definitely +1 to release 2.1.8 ASAP.

> I think from 2.1.8 we should simply release every two months. So
> everyone (developers and users) have a fixed date. So this is a little
> bit more of agile development as we are using fixed sprints :)
> Of course if there are showstoppers we will make an exception.

Sounds good ... the problem we have currently with "ship it when it's
ready" is we rarely agree on when it is ready ;-) The only thing I'm
wondering about is if every two months isn't a little fast for the
current rate of change in the 2.1* series?

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/