cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Jing validation component (was: JING Transformer...)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:34:09 GMT
On 6 Sep 2005, at 10:14, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > It's in Subversion right now... 2.1.x branch, "validation" block.
>
> I tried it, it works nicely - thanks a lot!
>
> Unfortunately we need an isolated valdiation service (not a
> transformer),
> which I created using your code - mostly using copy & paste :(
>
> Would you be interested in decoupling the validation functionality
> (incl. protocol-based entity resolving) from the transformation
> functionality?

Just did a commit to SVN, using the
"org.apache.cocoon.components.validation" package.

Can you check out that the "Validator" interface is what you actually
need for your stuff?

I've made it as generic as possible, and unplugged anything related
to Jing back as a schema parser.

Still working on it, but look at the interface, and tell me what you
think! :-P

     Pier