cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Jing validation component (was: JING Transformer...)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:38:40 GMT
On 6 Sep 2005, at 10:14, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > It's in Subversion right now... 2.1.x branch, "validation" block.
>
> I tried it, it works nicely - thanks a lot!
>
> Unfortunately we need an isolated valdiation service (not a
> transformer),
> which I created using your code - mostly using copy & paste :(
>
> Would you be interested in decoupling the validation functionality
> (incl. protocol-based entity resolving) from the transformation
> functionality?

So, a some sort of validation component that can be looked up using
the ServiceManager? Something along the lines of....

public interface Validator() {

   public static final String ROLE =
"org.apache.cocoon.components.validation.Validator";

   public XMLConsumer getValidator(String schemaURI);

}

public class JingValidator implements Validator {
}

public class JingTransformer extends ServiceableTransformer {

   private Validator validator = null;

   public void service(ServiceManager manager) {
     super.service(manager);
     manager.lookup(Validator.ROLE);
   }
}