cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Extremely odd source in XSPs (breaks build)
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:08:06 GMT
/Users/pier/Workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/
components/language/markup/xsp/XSPExpressionParser.java:214: unclosed
character literal
                 case '�':
                      ^
/Users/pier/Workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/
components/language/markup/xsp/XSPExpressionParser.java:214: unclosed
character literal
                 case '�':
                          ^
/Users/pier/Workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/
components/language/markup/xsp/XSPExpressionParser.java:215: : expected
                     parser.append(ch);
                                      ^
/Users/pier/Workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/
components/language/markup/xsp/XSPExpressionParser.java:241: unclosed
character literal
     protected static final State EXPRESSION_SHELL_STATE = new
QuotedState('�');

    ^
/Users/pier/Workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/
components/language/markup/xsp/XSPExpressionParser.java:241: unclosed
character literal
     protected static final State EXPRESSION_SHELL_STATE = new
QuotedState('�');

        ^
/Users/pier/Workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/
components/language/markup/xsp/XSPExpressionParser.java:241: ')'
expected
     protected static final State EXPRESSION_SHELL_STATE = new
QuotedState('�');

It's probably because I use a mac... but that character to me looks
like a diamond with a question-mark in the middle. I tend to use
UTF-8 everywhere, can whoever committed that code, change the
character to a valid \u???? character? I personally can't do a full
build of Cocoon 2.1.x right now unless I exclude XSP (and even when
doing so, JAVADOC breaks).

Thanks!

     Pier