cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Shall we switch to Jira?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:09:26 GMT
On 13 Sep 2005, at 12:52, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> (note i've never used jira)

I do, on a daily basis! :-)

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> That said, the ASF has already a perfectly maintained installation of
>> Jira up and running:
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/
>>
> Can it do this
> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=16165&action=diff

Nope, or at least, I don't think it has an automated diff parser /
formatter for attachments (it does thumbnails for images, though! :-P)

But at the same time, Bugzilla doesn't allow one to create own
filters (searches) and send status of them to a particular
individual / list / email, or to have customized workflows / fields /
schemes and so on...

That's AFAIK, of course.

>> I think that anything at this point is better than BugZilla! :-)
>
> Is there a clear bug migration procedure from bugzilla to jira?

Yep, the guys on infrastructure@ do it quite often

     Pier