cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Shall we switch to Jira?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:24:59 GMT
On 13 Sep 2005, at 13:58, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> But at the same time, Bugzilla doesn't allow one to create own
>> filters (searches)
>
> Wrong. How come I have several. See 'Remember Search' button, and
> 'Saved Searchs' in the footer.

You broke up the phrase: "save the filter AND send status of them"

>> and send status of them to a particular  individual / list /
>> email, or to have customized workflows / fields /  schemes and so
>> on...
>
> We don't need that crap. It is problem enough that half of the time
> you can't do much in Jira while working with other projects, no
> need to screw up Cocoon's bug tracking system.

In my opinion those are quite nice features... Having to work (by
choice) with Jira at work, I feel personally that some of that
"crap" (once you get used to it, and start _really_ working with
Jira) is _extremely_ useful.

But this is my personal opinion.

>> I think that anything at this point is better than BugZilla! :-)
>
> How so?

Because after having used (and administered) Bugzilla for several
years, and having switched to Jira, I can see that from my point of
view, the former doesn't offer some of the features and facilities
than the latter happens to have.

And since I spend 20% of my time tracking projects at work using
Jira, I think that it might be a good solution also for this project.
That said, this is my humble opinion, and as the subject of this mail
states "Shall we switch to Jira", I'm asking for comments from other
members of this list, _constructive_ comments.

---

Now, personally, I'm getting pretty annoyed at the tone of your
emails. I'm just suggesting things that IN MY VERY HUMBLE OPINION,
would work better, all of them based on my personal experience...

Now, I'm not saying "you're crap if you don't swich", as much as I
don't go around saying things like "Can you please make up your mind,
is it DEBUG or WARN???".

Is it so hard to say "in my opinion", "this is my idea" or "I
reviewed you commit, and I found a little bug in when you do logging".

So, if you have, if you have a problem with me personally, this is
not the place to vent your anger... And if you don't, just consider
that the tone of your emails might upset other people.

     Pier