cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Extremely odd source in XSPs (breaks build)
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 02:01:35 GMT
On 5 Sep 2005, at 02:13, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>> Seriously talking, it depends on a number of things, not only
>> your  platform encoding, but also on your editor's, your compiler
>> and so  on... The good thing about XML is the <?xml version="1.0"
>> encoding="xxxx"?> sorting out 99.9% of the problems, but that
>> said,  the same problem can pop up here and there...
>
> Yep. I think the migration to UNICODE is almost done in the
> industry. Actually, we observe a lot less cases of encoding
> problems than than few years ago. I think it is a probe that the
> industry now know better how to deal with UNICODE than ever.

To tell you the truth, ancient greeks wrote in UNICODE:

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0370.pdf
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1F00.pdf

but even better:

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U10140.pdf
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1D200.pdf

For for what it's worth, Klingons, through a sub-standard called
"ConScript" write UNICODE:

http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/klingon.html

People, let's _NOT_ confuse UNICODE as the reference table of all
characters humanely comprehensible, and the ENCODINGS as their
representation as a sequence of bytes.

     Pier