cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Arje Cahn" <a.c...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:21:44 GMT
Hi all,

Many thanks for all the positive votes that have been brought out so far!
Although it's not final yet, I'd like to express that I would be very happy
to receive committership from the Cocoon community.
For me, this comes as a big, pleasant surprise.

I've always enjoyed "being around" in the Cocoon community, and
Sylvain's expression that I should be made a committer simply validates what
I've already felt for a long time: one can feel accepted as a Cocoon community
member, just by being oneself. You don't need to be a committer to be welcome,
and that's exactly why I've enjoyed all those moments where Cocoon developers
meet up and why I was so happy to be able to host this year's GetTogether.
Now, being proposed by that same community for becoming a committer,
I sense that my feeling was right. Whatever the contribution; as long as
it's good, it's very well appreciated.

Organizing the GT is my way of saying "thank you" to this great
community, and I wasn't expecting to get one in return! Not now, and
*CERTAINLY* not like this ! :-D

So, I'll do my best to live up to being a committer. Although my commits
might not be in code (yet! ;) ), I promise I'll do my best to commit plenty.

I'd like to thank everyone for collaborating on such
a great project, and also I'd like to thank my colleagues at Hippo, who've
been doing so much great work on and with Cocoon, and who should definitely
get more time to spend on Cocoon commitment too :).

Thanks, everyone!

Now, let's get this GT program online!! 8-D

Arjé