cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Arje Cahn" <a.c...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [GT2005] Mirroring Apache SVN?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:05:18 GMT
> Interesting idea.
>
> I just chatted about it on #svn, and it turns out to be
> _MUCH_ simpler
> than that.
>
> All we need is someone to do a Unix and a Windows checkout of
> each repo
> (so four checkouts in total). Then, they tar/zip them up, and
> put them
> on a local web/ftp server, and people can download those and off they
> go. Much easier than a SVN mirror.

Great!

OTOH, I agree that sending a HEADUP email to the list next tuesday might be fine too. I'll
promise I will do my checkout the day before ;)

About the network connection: there's 2048 kbit available and it'll be Wireless. Hubs are
available too, but bring your own cable. Right now, there's about 45 attendees so it should
be fine, but doing 45 x 40 mb downloads simultaniously will be awfull....

Thanks
Arjé