cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Validation block finished (Was: Re: svn commit: r280450 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/validation: conf/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/validation/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/validation/impl/ java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/ samples/)
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:57:59 GMT
On 13 Sep 2005, at 00:48, wrote:

> Author: pier
> Date: Mon Sep 12 16:48:31 2005
> New Revision: 280450
> Log:
> Implemented ValidationReportTransformer producing a report of the
> validation.
> Updated samples to show output of validation report.

This finishes the "validation" block and its implementation. It
provides two transformers: one filtering in-line and failing on
errors, and one producing a report.

Relax-NG is implemented using Jing.

XML-Schema is implemented using the JAXP API supplied with Cocoon
(Gianugo, you can write your little Schematron factory and contribute
it here, riiiight? :-)

DTD is currently not supported, although it would be trivial to do it
with the Xerces supplied with Cocoon.

MSV can't be enabled (I have a schema parser, but we have lincensing
problems). One day, when I get some time to write some mock classes,
I might contribute it (for now, xmlschema and relax - i think - are

Will the people interested in validation (read Gianugo and Andreas)
take a look at the API and tell me if there's something else they

If I don't hear from you, I'll finish up the Daisy-based
documentation and mark the block as "stable" (as we're not going to
expect API changes).

There might be some bugs (as always with my code), but as I need to
use those in production, if one comes along, I'll be likely to be the
first one to spot it... As far as I can see, for now, everything works.

View raw message