cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:05:56 GMT
On 9/20/05, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> * Gianugo Rabellino:
>
> > I think  so, Cocoon  2.1 is  here to stay  for a  while. FWIW, a
> > colleague of mine  (Daniele Madama) wrote a small  GUI to manage
> > blocks selection  (think make xconfig for  the linux kernel). If
> > you  deem  it useful,  my  take  is  Daniele  would be  glad  to
> > contribute it.
>
> On FreeBSD, there is a Cocoon  installer that has such a GUI.  See
> attached screenshot.  This is based on a BSD Makefile.

If I ever needed another reason to praise the FreeBSD guys, here it
is... however, I fear that tool is less than portable, given it
requires make and ncurses/dialog/whatever. My take is that a minimal
Swing app able to deal with dependencies might be a good step forward
anyway.

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino