cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: validation block: RELAX-NG, XML-Schema, any other languages required?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:19:34 GMT
On 9/7/05, Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> wrote:
> I'm almost done implementing XSD (XML Schema) validation using
> Xerces' internals! :-P
> That was hard, but I got it working outside Cocoon's sandbox, now it
> only needs a couple of wrappers for source/entity resolution between
> Cocoon and Xerces.
>
> Any other languages that _seriously_ deserve some attention before
> marking the block as "stable" ?

I'd love to see Schematron, as the only language which allows easy and
selective validation (not to mention domain-specific validation as
well). I still don't quite see why you didn't go the MSV way apart
from distribution issues (we have schema, rng and schematron
implemented as msv plugins in our validation stuff), but hey, as long
as you're giving free code away, I'm happy ;)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino