cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: ResponseWrapper eats my HTTP header settings
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:42:18 GMT
On 8 Sep 2005, at 10:39, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 8 sept. 05, à 11:32, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
>> Don't know how to solve this, but I think we should create warning
>> log
>> entries if someone tries to set headers in an internal pipeline
>> and they
>> are ignored...
>
> Good idea - having had a look at it, maybe ResponseWrapper should
> let some headers go through?
> The cache-related ones (Expires, Cache-Control, Last-Modified) make
> sense to me.

I would be against it. AFAIK, the ResponseWrapper is the one used
(also) in CIncludes and sitemap aggregations, right? That would
generate massive race conditions when for some reason one of the
included pipelines specifies caching.

Have you tried using <map:redirect/>? That should preserve the
caching headers and AFAIK would allow you to expose an internal-only
pipeline, right?

     Pier