cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ResponseWrapper eats my HTTP header settings, as does map:mount ;-(
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:25:31 GMT
Le 8 sept. 05, à 12:42, Pier Fumagalli a écrit :

> On 8 Sep 2005, at 10:39, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> ---Good idea - having had a look at it, maybe ResponseWrapper should
>> let some headers go through?
>> The cache-related ones (Expires, Cache-Control, Last-Modified) make
>> sense to me.
>
> I would be against it. AFAIK, the ResponseWrapper is the one used
> (also) in CIncludes and sitemap aggregations, right? That would
> generate massive race conditions when for some reason one of the
> included pipelines specifies caching.
>
> Have you tried using <map:redirect/>? That should preserve the caching
> headers and AFAIK would allow you to expose an internal-only pipeline,
> right?..

I see your point - in the meantime I've worked around the problem by
storing cache-related info in a Request attribute and generating the
headers later in a non-internal part of pipeline.

I also found out that (in the 2.1.7 release at least), pipelines called
via map:mount also eat HTTP response headers set in code , *including*
content-length which might have been set by the mounted pipeline.

There's a related discussion at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111746450000002&r=1&w=2, I think this
deserves further investigation, in my view map:mount should completely
delegate to the mounted sitemap, without filtering.

-Bertrand