cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject ResponseWrapper eats my HTTP header settings
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:04:09 GMT
I'm trying to set HTTP headers for mod_cache, something like:

<map:act type="my-own-http-cache-headers-action">
   <map:parameter name="cache-validity-seconds" value="..dynamically
computed value..."/>
</map:act>

in a pipeline that is called by an internal request.

And I just found out that ResponseWrapper eats all the header-setting
calls.

This is discussed in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109785174903101&w=2
(BTW thanks Unico for putting that link in the SVN log message), and I
understand the issues, but what would be the recommended way for
setting headers from an internal pipeline?

I think setting headers for caching is a valid use-case. I'll look for
a solution, but I'd appreciate any pointers.

Note that this probably prevents HttpHeaderAction from working in
internal pipelines as well, we should at least make a note in that
class if that's actually the case. But just tell me if I'm missing
something.

-Bertrand