cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: including Zip Source within Cocoon
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:39:29 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> +1 (i can), only question is, is there any particular reason zip:
>>> source syntax is so different from jar: syntax? Can someone please
>>> recall? :)
>>

>> Yup. Add to this the fact that having the entry name _before_ the zip
>> archive doesn't look nice.
>>
>>> [1] http://docs.sun.com/source/819-0913/author/jar.html#jarprotocol
>>

>> +1 for zipsource in 2.1 with the jar url syntax
>

> I want to see a zip source, because its name says what it does. Yes,
> jar protocol can do the same thing, but it isn't obvious, and would
> give the impression to others that Cocoon can't handle zip files,
> until they find out that they can use the jar protocol.

The main difference between the zip source and the built-in jar
protocol, is that the path to the archive is a Cocoon source itself.

That means that we can write (new syntax)
"zip://context://path/to.zip!/path/to/entry.xml", or even more
interesting for CMS applications, assuming a OO file has been uploaded
using the "file" input, "zip://upload://file!/document.xml".

Sylvain