cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: including Zip Source within Cocoon
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:48:04 GMT
Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Hi
>
> It seems like the ZipSource has been removed from Cocoon, whereas it
> was part of Cocoon-2.1.6 within the scratchpad block.
>
> The ZipSource is very useful to open OpenDocument(s) and in combination
> with WebDAV allows editing with OpenOffice for instance. The pipeline
> to extract looks as follows:
>
> <!-- Content of OpenDocument -->
>     <map:pipeline>
>       <map:match pattern="**.odt">
>         <map:generate src="zip://content.xml@{1}.odt"/>
>         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>       </map:match>
>     </map:pipeline>
>

> I would like to suggest that we put these two classes (ZipSource and
> ZipSourceFactory) back into Cocoon (2.1.X branch) because I guess
> many people would be happy to easily "render" OpenDocument(s) and
> edith them with OpenOffice through WebDAV.

We removed the whole scratchpad block from 2.1.x as we thought that it
doesn't make sense to maintain experimental things for two branches. So
you find the scratchpad block including the source in the 2.2 repo.

If there is interest we could move the zip source out of the scratchpad
into the core, officially adding it to 2.1.x. What do others think?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/