cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject including Zip Source within Cocoon
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:30:27 GMT
Hi

It seems like the ZipSource has been removed from Cocoon, whereas it
was part of Cocoon-2.1.6 within the scratchpad block.

The ZipSource is very useful to open OpenDocument(s) and in combination
with WebDAV allows editing with OpenOffice for instance. The pipeline
to extract looks as follows:

<!-- Content of OpenDocument -->
    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="**.odt">
        <map:generate src="zip://content.xml@{1}.odt"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

I would like to suggest that we put these two classes (ZipSource and
ZipSourceFactory) back into Cocoon (2.1.X branch) because I guess
many people would be happy to easily "render" OpenDocument(s) and
edith them with OpenOffice through WebDAV.

WDYT?

Thanks

Michi

--