cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r292158 [4/4] - in /cocoon: blocks/ajax/ blocks/ajax/trunk/ blocks/ajax/trunk/WEB-INF/ blocks/ajax/trunk/WEB-INF/xconf/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/org/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/org/apache/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/org/apache...
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:06:35 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> The selection list generator, which is called through an Ajax
>> request, needs to access data in the form that is currently
>> displayed. And this form is held by the continuation.
>

> I took a look at the generator, and I see that suggestion lists use
> SelectionList interface, and that it does not pass data typed by the
> user to the suggestion list.
>
> It means that with this implementation we won't be able to implement
> real google-style suggestion list where amount of choices is not
> trivial and it is not practical to serialize all options at once:
>
>         list.generateSaxFragment(handler, this.locale);
>
> I think we should introduce SuggestionList interface which should take
> one more parameter - typed in data. Generator can still support both
> interfaces - for those cases where you have only couple of choices. wdyt?

Yup. As I wrote, this implementation is prototypic! What is currently
does is pipe the full selection list through a filter that only keeps
those items whose value start with the user input.

The next step is of course to have filterable selection lists that could
take benefit of this additional parameter. We can also have pluggable
filters for regular selection lists (e.g. starts-with, contains,
fuzzy-contains filters, etc)

Sylvain