cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r292158 [4/4] - in /cocoon: blocks/ajax/ blocks/ajax/trunk/ blocks/ajax/trunk/WEB-INF/ blocks/ajax/trunk/WEB-INF/xconf/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/org/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/org/apache/ blocks/ajax/trunk/java/org/apache...
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:44:04 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> The selection list generator, which is called through an Ajax request,
> needs to access data in the form that is currently displayed. And this
> form is held by the continuation.

I took a look at the generator, and I see that suggestion lists use
SelectionList interface, and that it does not pass data typed by the user to the
suggestion list.

It means that with this implementation we won't be able to implement real
google-style suggestion list where amount of choices is not trivial and it is
not practical to serialize all options at once:

         list.generateSaxFragment(handler, this.locale);

I think we should introduce SuggestionList interface which should take one more
parameter - typed in data. Generator can still support both interfaces - for
those cases where you have only couple of choices. wdyt?

Vadim