cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Lutz <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [CForms] Cardinality check for repeater
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:41:12 GMT
Ok, so lets sum up what we've got so far:

-its not sure that we get valid data from the binding
-so we need validation _and_ enabling/disabling of the action buttons
-enabling and disabling could be done in the ActionRepeater* classes

So the last problem is the right place for the validation message.

As the repeater-actions are not a musthave in a repeater, there's not
much left:
-Attach the validation message to the repeater-size ? Not very nice ?
-Introduce a new ft:repeater-validation-message tag ?

Tom

Jeroen Reijn wrote:

> Good point! I was under the impression that you would start with valid
> data.
> But if that does not happen we should indeed have validation :-)
>
> I that case below I would go for the second option:
>
> "- display all of them, and show a validation error so that the user
>   knows he should remove x entries to get the desired size"

<snip />