cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [GT2005] Mirroring Apache SVN?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:48:41 GMT
This sounds like an ideal task for svk (http://svk.elixus.org/).
It is a decentralized version control system based on Subversion.

It allows you to mirror Subversion repositories (certain branches or the
whole repository) and work offline while allowing check-ins. When you go
online again you can synchronize your subversion mirror again with the
remote repository.

Additionally it makes the merging of branches much easier because it
tracks changes, which have already been merged and you don't have to
remember the exact revisions yourself.

There is also a book in the works which looks very similar to the
subversion book: http://svkbook.elixus.org/

But I can't tell you, how it's doing in production ...

Cheers,
Andreas

Arje Cahn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last year at the hackaton I found myself waiting for hours for my Eclipse to checkout
the latest Cocoon code until I could actually do something. Does anyone know of an option
of doing this in advance before the hackaton and have some kind of a mirror/proxy on location?