cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Blocks that modify web.xml
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:59:34 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> This is open source you are not geting what you require, you get what
> you implement.
Although this statement is in general ok, I'm not happy about it. Cocoon
is *today* used in many different environments: via command line, using
the servlet, using Cocoon to provide JSR 168 portlets, embedding Cocoon
in own systems, using Cocoon for batch processing (of PDFs) and so on.
And I think we don't want to loose all these users, right? And simply
saying, "Oh, if they need it, they can do it" seems not to be appropriate.

> Yes, I agree that an embeding servlet might be good for marketing and
> that it obviously seem to be central in the way you build things. But
> subtilities in servlet containers is not my area of speciality so I'm
> not able to take care of that area. If you find it important, you and
> others that find it important have to take care of it. I will of course
> help as much as I can when you start working on it.

It's absolutely ok, that not you are doing this work, but as a project
we should take care of our huge user base and provide the required
functionality.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/