cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Adding @debuglevel to the compile-build.xml
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:56:17 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in forrest we run lately into problems with the linkrewriter and jxpath.
> I am trying to debug that but I had some problems.
>
> The problem I had in debugging the
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LinkRewriterTransformer class in
> eclipse (3.1) for forrest is that I got:
>
> "Unable to install breakpoint in ... due to missing line number
> attributes. Modify compiler options to generate line number attributes.
> Reason: Absent line number information"

There is nothing wrong with cocoon build as it is. As you can see from javac help:

Usage: javac <options> <source files>
where possible options include:
   -g                        Generate all debugging info

And javac ant task help, all debug information is already present. I bet there
is a problem on eclipse side - as I always am able to debug w/IDEA.

Vadim