cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Blocks that modify web.xml
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:19:36 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Upayavira wrote:
>

>>Seeing as we're all in RT mode at the moment...
>>
>>So, I remember someone (Carsten?) saying that the only blocks that need
>>to modify something 'core' were those that needed to modify web.xml,
>>perhaps because they needed to provide their own servlet.
>>

>Yepp, this is a complete list:
>
>a) databases
>Adds the driver class to web.xml to load the driver - we could either
>forget about this or make different bundles/blocks/whatever for each driver.

In the OSGi case, driver bundles is the best solution IMO. The database
block can be alowed to dynamically import any package. In the non OSGi
case, wouldn't it be possible to add the drivers to the classpath with
properties through your settings mechanism?

>b) faces
>Adds an own listener

Don't know anything about this.

>c) slide
>Adds own servlet and mapping
>
>d) xindice
>Adds own servlet and mapping

In the OSGi case, I agree with Upayavira that it is most convenient to
add a servlet to the HTTPService.

>e) XSP and all blocks adding logicsheets
>The configuration for XSP is still in the main cocoon.xconf, so this one
>has to be patched for XSP and logicsheets.

Do they have to be there, or is it just that no one have changed them to
the new include based way?

/Daniel