cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject [RT] Flattening trunk
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:39:45 GMT
As a step in our continuos strugle to make Cocoon less monolithic I
think we should move the content of trunk/src/ to trunk/, and start
considering them as separate projects (blocks). Carsten have already
started to do something in this direction by creating a core and webapp
directory (with POMs but not source) at trunk level as part of
Mavenization. The toplevel projects should be possible to build
separately and all dependencies should be explicit in the POMs.

It also makes sense from a "real blocks" POV as most of the directories
under trunk/src/ are or will become bundles. Eclipse organizes its
bundles in a flat way: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/.

There is also a bewildering amount of files under trunk/, meybe we could
move part of them to subdirectories like bin/, conf/ and readme/.

WDYT?

/Daniel