cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project cocoon (in module cocoon) failed
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:31:43 GMT
On 25.09.2005 14:10, Gump wrote:

> Project cocoon has an issue affecting its community integration.

> Full details are available at:
>     http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/cocoon/index.html

> [cocoon.javac] /x1/gump/public/workspace/cocoon/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/ChainedConfiguration.java:256:
cannot resolve symbol
> [cocoon.javac] symbol  : method getAttributeAsDouble (java.lang.String,double)
> [cocoon.javac] location: interface org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration
> [cocoon.javac]         return this.wrappedConfiguration.getAttributeAsDouble(arg0, arg1);
> [cocoon.javac]                ^
> [cocoon.javac] /x1/gump/public/workspace/cocoon/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/ChainedConfiguration.java:263:
cannot resolve symbol
> [cocoon.javac] symbol  : method getAttributeAsDouble (java.lang.String)
> [cocoon.javac] location: interface org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration
> [cocoon.javac]         return this.wrappedConfiguration.getAttributeAsDouble(arg0);
> [cocoon.javac]                ^
> [cocoon.javac] /x1/gump/public/workspace/cocoon/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/ChainedConfiguration.java:270:
cannot resolve symbol
> [cocoon.javac] symbol  : method getValueAsDouble ()
> [cocoon.javac] location: interface org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration
> [cocoon.javac]         return this.wrappedConfiguration.getValueAsDouble();
> [cocoon.javac]                ^
> [cocoon.javac] /x1/gump/public/workspace/cocoon/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/ChainedConfiguration.java:277:
cannot resolve symbol
> [cocoon.javac] symbol  : method getValueAsDouble (double)
> [cocoon.javac] location: interface org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration
> [cocoon.javac]         return this.wrappedConfiguration.getValueAsDouble(arg0);
> [cocoon.javac]                ^
> [cocoon.javac] 4 errors

The above compile errors are a problem of avalon framework in different
versions. We had 4.1.5 and switched to 4.3, which has the methods.
Though I switched to 4.3 in the gump descriptor nothing changed in the
build. The build uses not the versioned jar, but one from head/trunk,
which is in theory ok as the head also has these methods [1]. But now
I'm wondering why the build fails? From which repository is the jar
built? From an old avalon before the switch to excalibur? Or is it a
classpath problem conflicting with avalon framework 4.3, maybe avalon
framework legacy?

Jörg

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/excalibur/trunk/framework/api/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration.java