cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant: [cforms] compact notation for <fi:styling>
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:50:28 GMT
Christoph Hermann wrote:

>_Imho_ this is not really needed.

Sure we don't _need_ it. But I'm really surprised to see people not
being interested by an evolution that makes templates much more readable
and faster to type and update...

Digging in all cforms stylesheets, I've seen only 2 stylings that
optionally use elements in their configuration: double-listbox (for the
list headers) and htmlarea (for a custom init script). All other
stylings use only attributes.

>And it raises the problem with the "buggy" template, if the same attribute name is used
in widget and styling.

The buggy template is what can happen if we don't do anything against
it. It rather easy to enforce the use of either fi: attributes or
<fi:styling>.

Sylvain