cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:36:15 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Yup. I'm game. But we need some kind of interim build process don't we?

Hmm, perhaps - my idea is still that if we start separating it, people
will provide an interim build or even better start a real blocks build
system.

> We've still got the maven pom.xml that lists all of the blocks - I
> presume we want to reverse this - have the blocks refer to Cocoon rather
> than Cocoon refer to the blocks.

This is just for testing the maven build - the main pom.xml can be used
to build all blocks and the pom.xml in the webapp module is for finding
out weak transitive dependencies.

> Also, gump.xml refers to all blocks. Presumably we could have
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/gump.xml which points to
> all of the gump.xml's for each of our blocks - somewhere we'll have to
> tell Gump what we do.
Don't know much about Gump, but if gump is able to use m2 poms, it could
just use them for building all the blocks and we wouldn't need any
gump.xml anymore.

> I'm trying to create myself a block at the moment in 2.2, so this is
> very relevant.

:)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de