cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.1.8-dev] Real exception is not logged anymore
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:29:31 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>Hmm, not that I know, which blocks do you have configured and which
>>sample does not work?
>>

> I did a build with cron,forms, auth-fw, databases,hsqldb, ojb, portal,
> session-fw and webapp samples enabled.
>
> Everything compiles and builds fine, but when I go to
> http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/portal/portal i get :
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.cocoon.bean.query.SimpleLuceneCriterionBean
>
> When I then enable the querybean , and subsequently lucene, everything
> works.

Ah, this is a case of transitive dependencies - the portal block use the
ojb block for the sample, the ojb block uses the querybean and lucene
block for the sample. So, that's why you need both :( I guess the best
solution would be to make the portal sample independent of the OJB
*block* and let it just use ojb.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/