cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:37:57 GMT
We should only use externals to projects with own release cycles. The
idea of breaking out the blocks from trunk was to start considering them
as separate projects with separate release cycles.

The when we do a "compound" release of Cocoon core together with all
blocks, all the externals in the taged compound release should point to
tagged releases of the blocks.

This certainly isn't our current practice. But I think we need to start
considering the blocks like separate projects sooner rather than later.
Its time that we stop thinking about Cocoon as one huge beast where
everything is connected to everything else. First it isn't, and second
it doesn't scale at all.

Thinking more about it: with the wild card includes for configurations
and sitemaps, is there still anything that prevent us from having binary
releases?

/Daniel