cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [cforms] compact notation for <fi:styling>
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:31:13 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to introduce a compact notation on form template elements for
stylings that require only attributes (the vast majority of them).

For example, we currently have to write:
  <ft:widget id="text">
    <fi:styling type="textarea" rows="10" cols="30"/>
  </ft:widget>

The compact notation would allow to write:
  <ft:widget id="text" type="textarea" rows="10" cols="30"/>

The more verbose form will still be allowed, and both forms will produce
the same results, as foreign attributes on "ft:widget" will lead to
generating a <fi:styling> with these attributes.

Another thing I'd like to change also is the need for
submit-on-change="true", making it implicit on widgets that have some
attached change listeners.

That will make form templates less verbose and closer to the traditional
html syntax.

Any objections?

Sylvain